This rotor was rebuilt for a company in the Chicago area. The shaft and spacer rings were reused to save time.
Weight of assembly
Over 48,000 lbs.
Size of assembly
- Rings 61" diameter and 4" thick
- Largest diameter on shaft 16"
- Overall length 180"
Scope of work
- Remove coupling and bearings from rotor
- Disassemble old plates and spacers from rotor
- Visually inspect shaft for any cracks in rotor shaft
- Reverse engineer and create prints for future use
- Hardface all 11 plates
- Bore holes in plates
- Mill key in plates
- Drill all holes using key as reference
- Inspect assembly
- Assemble and load on truck for customer
Other related jobs
After removing the bearings, there was significant scoring in the housings, so the customer decided to reline the housings.